2017 Odyssée Residency Call for Projects
The Royal Abbey of Saint-Riquier offers, within the frame of the 2017 Odyssée Residency Call for Projects and artist-in-residence fellowship, the following thematics:
Literary and artistic writings, notably in the digital age (permanent area of work at the Abbey)
Classical music, jazz, contemporary and world music (participation at the scheduled concerts from July to the end of September)
Visual arts, in relation to the cultural season theme for 2016-2017 (The Linen Road, China, Korea, Japan, Vietnam…)
Digital technologies applied to heritage management and development
Garden and orchard arts in the sustainable growth age (permanent area of work at the Abbey)
2017 ODYSSEE ARTIST-IN-RESIDENCY PROGRAM – CALL FOR PROJECTS
With the support of the French Ministry of culture and communication, the ACCR has been coordinating, the Odyssée artist-in-residency program. The program is aiming at artists, researchers and culture professionals from countries other than France wanting to develop projects within French Cultural Centers – Historic Monuments. More than 500 artists from over 73 different countries have taken part in the program, developing projects in different areas such as music, architecture, arts and crafts, visual arts, dramatic writing, novel writing, scriptwriting, animated film-making, photography and journalism.
The 2017 call for projects is open.
It is aiming at artists, researchers and culture professionals coming from countries other than France. Applications from the following countries will be examined in priority:
- Algeria, Tunisia, Morocco
- Palestine, United Arab Emirates, Irak, Iran, Lybia
- Afghanistan, Burma, China, Korea, India, Japan, Taiwan
- Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Cuba, Ecuador, Haiti, Mexico
- Francophone Sub-Saharan Africa
- South Africa
- Albania, Armenia, Estonia, Lithuania, Latvia, Romania, Ukraine
• Applications for a residency period in the area of artistic and cultural projects must be in line with the artistic project of the selected French cultural center (see list below). Artists, researchers and culture professionals wanting to apply for a residency period in 2017 within a French Cultural Center, have to send their projects to the selected center, with one copy to the ACCR office, before the 13th of November 2016.
• Applications for a residency period in the area of cultural management and networking are to be sent directly to the ACCR, before the 13th of November 2016.
- by post to : ACCR, Hôtel de Massa, 38 rue du Faubourg Saint Jacques, 75014 Paris, France
- by e-mail to : email@example.com, including “Odyssée 2017” as the subject.
Applications should include :
- Curriculum vitae / short biography
- Personal project for the residency period in line with the global project of the welcoming center
- Cover letter
- ecommendation letter
- Proof of residence (recent utility bill i.e. telephone, gas, electric)
- Copy of passport or national identity card
The Odyssée artist-in-residency program allows residents whose projects have been selected by a CCR (Centre Culturel de Rencontre), member of the French network, to receive 1200€ per month and the refunding of their travel fees (up to a determined level according to the citizen’s country). Residents are staying free of charge, within the Centre that has accepted them. Whenever possible, the Centre puts at their disposal material necessary for their residency project. The period of residency can vary between 1 and 6 months.
Janvier 2017 : Commission des bourses Odyssée.
To download the list of Cultural exchange centers, click here